Friday, May 05, 2006

The Heat is ON!!

Ok, so now, it's my turn...

I'm sorry, no updates on my touring for now. Since coming back from Dublin, things have been pretty rough. Here's a rough idea of what I've been busy with and will be tied up with soon.

These are the things I've had to complete since coming back:
1) Intro to Artificial Intelligence Project 2 - City Map Navigator. Remember streetdirectory.com? I've finally completed my version for the Copenhagen central district. Given a start point and destination, my program will tell you the route to take. It was fun to make! But really, Danish roads have way too long spellings!!!
This is a map of the Copenhagen Central District!

2) Design of Digital Systems Final Project. This we had to rush to finish. We all neglected it before we left for Dublin. In the end, we didn't complete the whole thing, but somehow the lecturer was still pretty happy with us!! He's Spanish but teaching this module in Danish (so we've special permission not to attend his lectures!) Anyway, we were so delighted that we started
singing "Amigos Para Siempre means you'll always be my friend! Friends for ever not a summer or a spring!!" Yep, it's now spring in Denmark!
Here I am with my teammates from Design of Digital Systems: Me, Siong Yang, Jesper and Hassan. Was great knowing you guys!!

3) Presentation of Design of Digital Systems Projects. After completion of the final project, we had to present the end result to our lecturer. We were expecting to be grilled with complicated questions. But it turned out to be a breeze! This module has no official written exams! So this is it! One module down!! woohoo!
And through that door was where I had my Eksamien presentation for Design of Digitial Systems - my very first exam in DTU!

And here are the things I have to complete in the short term:
1) Motion Control Project. To model the control of a laser engraver in MATLAB. This is one big project that is due very soon - this coming Tuesday!! And we're only half way through! But no worries. Cos among the 3 of us, we have enough coffee to put the Brazillian coffee industry out of business!

2) Embedded Systems Project. This will be even bigger. But luckily it's due at the start of June. Need to program a complicated routing protocol. And to learn a whole new programming language for it! But I'm sure I'll gain much from it!

And of course, these are my exams:
1) Advanced Data Communications - (19th May - Hopefully!!)
We were allowed to rank our preferred exam date. And not surprisingly, all of us Singporeans chose the latest date! Hope we all get it! This will be an oral examination to 2 examiners. This is the most demanding of my modules as it is very technical and content-based. But we've got it planned, cos in the event of an emergency, we'll fake a strong Chinese accent, pretend not to understand the question and just regurgitate a chunk of irrelevant stuff! ha!

2)
Motion Control - (22nd May)
There will be no official exam and we will need to present our major project to external examiners. If all goes well for the project report due this Tuesday, the presentation later on should not be too difficult to handle. We'll see...

3)
Intro to Artificial Intelligence - (29th May)
This will be done by an oral exam. Will need to explain and defend the methods I used in my 2 projects - Tic Tac Toe and Street Navigator. Also will be tested on topics in the reading list. For now, there seems to be adequate time to prepare for this. So this can afford to wait for now.

4) Embedded Systems - (late May)
No official exam also. But we will need to complete our project, write a technical paper on it and finally present it to the professor. But this module is very high-level and we will need to devote lots of time to research on the routing protocols and on the programming language (NS2). This module is risky as there is a possiblity we may get stuck.

Ok, time to get back to work. But don't worry, I'll still try to post whenever I can!!

And NUS friends, enjoy your well-deserved hols!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home